Sunday, April 4, 2010

When to file Form 1040NR-EZ

If you were an employee and received wages subject to U.S. income tax withholding, you must file Form 1040NR-EZ by April 15th, 2010.
If you have filed an extension before April 15th for Form 1040 NR-EZ, the next deadline for Form 1040NR-EZ is October 15th, 2010.

Extension of Time to File Form 1040 NR-EZ

If you can't file your Form 1040NR-EZ by the due date, you should file Form 4868 to receive an extension of time. You must file Form 4868 by the regular due date of the return.

Please note that Form 4868 does not extend the time to pay your income tax, the tax is still due by the regular due date of the return.

Friday, March 5, 2010

When to use Form 1040NR-EZ

Below are the conditions you must meet for filing Form 1040NR-EZ, which is a simplified Form 1040NR

- You do not claim dependents
- You do not claim an exemption for your wife or husband
- You do not claim any tax credits
- Your taxable income is less than $100,000.00
- You do not claim any itemized deductions except state and local income taxes.
- You do not owe any other type of taxes
- Your only U.S. income source were:
o wages, salaries, and tips – Form W-2
o refunds of state and local income taxes
o scholarship or fellowship grants – Form 1042-S

If you do not meet these conditions, you must file Form 1040NR

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2009 Tax forms for International Students

Form 1040NR-EZ is the tax form used by most of international students in United States. If during 2009 you had any U.S. source of income and were a nonresident student, you must file Form 1040NR-EZ or Form 1040NR. You must also attach a special supplemental statement, Form 8843, to your Form 1040NR or Form 1040NR-EZ.